Hardwood Floors: The Timeless, Elegant Choice For Your Home.
Hardwood floors are a popular choice. They can last a lifetime, adding unmatched, natural beauty and elegance to your home. But with all the new flooring technology and options on the market, is hardwood the right option for you?
What are Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are planks or wood strips created from naturally occurring wood species like red and white oak, hickory, maple, walnut, pecan, Brazilian cherry, white ash, bamboo and more. Available in a wide variety of species and colors, hardwoods are the epitome of timeless beauty and elegance. They add value and also enhance the look and feel of your home.
The Pros of Hardwood That Might Make It The Right Choice For You
- Durability: The STANDOUT feature of hardwood flooring is its durability. There is no other flooring that can hold a candle to it. With proper maintenance and care, this flooring can last a lifetime, literally!
- Variety: As stated earlier, you are literally spoiled for choice when it comes to hardwood flooring. There are hundreds of options to choose from as it regards species, color, finish and plank size.
- Look: Timeless beauty, elegance and amazing staining options make hardwood flooring the epitome of grace that can change the entire feel of your home.
- Versatility: Since Hardwood flooring is available in a neutral finish you can add any color staining on it to match the vibrancy, look and decor of your house.
- Repairs: Yes, hardwood flooring can be repaired. Damage to your flooring can occur from moving furniture and appliances, pets, minor accidents, moisture and just general wear and tear.
- Sand & Refinish: Hardwood Floors can usually be refinished about 5 times in their entire lifetime. Each refinishing gives a whole new look to your home, and you can also change the look to match your new decor if you feel like.
- Maintenance: Hardwood Flooring is pretty low-maintenance. You can do regular cleaning with just a damp mop with a pH-neutral solution, making sure to dry with a cloth, towel or dry mop. Avoid letting spills sit on the floor and avoid the use of vinegar, soap-based cleaners and wax, as these can erode or damage the veneer surface.
Note: It is recommended that a polyurethane coat be reapplied every 7 to 10 years to prolong the life of your hardwood floors and protect your investment.
Why Hardwood Might Not Be The Right Option For You
- Cost: The higher initial investment that Hardwood Flooring requires can be a deterrent, but you should keep in mind that a long lifespan (30 years minimum) and low maintenance will make up for your investment and give you great ROI.
- Repairs: Repairing Hardwood Flooring can be somewhat expensive as sourcing the same planks can be a task. You might be able to get similar-looking planks, but an exact match is not guaranteed. It’s important, therefore, that you always order extra or save planks from your original installation if possible.
- Noise: As they get older, hardwood floors can develop creaks when you walk on them. This is usually an issue that requires professional intervention to fix.
With proper care and maintenance, hardwood floors can last a lifetime. Though the initial cost may seem high, the longevity of Hardwood pays for itself over the years. It has been a sought after choice due to the unmatched features that it offers, not to mention the beauty that it adds to your home. If you’re considering hardwood, visit the NewGen Floors & More showroom and speak to one of our experts about an option that suits your taste, style and budget.< Back